10 Books I’m Reading This Year.
I am officially done school I will actually have time to read for fun, without feeling guilty! I am ready to dive into wise words of self-help, spirituality, and yoga. I feel like last year I had really taken the time to plant the seeds and begin to connect with my highest, conscious self. Now, I am ready to reap what I have sewn and continue to increase my consciousness, connect with myself and the universe. I am ready to continue co-creating my dream life with the Universe. I thought I would share the 10 books I plan on reading this year to help me kick ass, achieve my goals, and connect with my highest self.
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are: I just started this book today (January 1st). I was listening to the Super Soul Sunday podcasts with Oprah and the episode with Brene was the first one I dove into. Brene describes The Gifts of Imperfection as a guide to wholehearted life, helping you to let go of who you think you’re supposed to be and embracing who you are. What part of that doesn’t sound amazing?
- Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life with Crystal Energy: My partner got me this for Christmas and I didn’t even ask for it! But, I am super excited about it as I love crystals but feel I need to get to know the background work and explanations of how crystals work, which work best for certain things, and which work best for certain types of people (astrology). This book provides a guide of 94 crystals and explains how crystal work with angels and archangels, love that!
- Creating Money: Attracting Abundance: Stella Rae talks a lot about this book on her Youtube and Social Media platforms. The authors describe the book as a course on manifesting and creating abundance in your life, sign me up! You learn about manifestation, discovering what you actually want, how to draw things to you and will fulfill you, and you will learn more advanced techniques of manifestation, and about creating money through doing things you LOVE. Very excited for this one!
- Judgment Detox: Release the Beliefs That Hold You Back from Living A Better Life: Anything from Gabby is a huge YES for me. Judgement has been something I have been thinking about in the last few months. I think we all judge people, but I think critically about that and challenge you to think about where the judgement comes from. Are you judging from a negative, hurtful place? Or are you coming from a genuine place of love and peace? Gabby describes this book as a step-by-step guide which will help you heal judgement and rediscover your oneness with others. YES please.
- Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial: Another book that Stella Rae talks a lot about. The author describes this book as one that shows you the most effective ways for mastering your emotions, body, relationships, life, and finances in order to discover your true purpose and begin to harness the forces that shape your destiny.
- Yoga & Ayurveda: Self-Healing and Self-Realization: This book shares the ways in which Yoga + Ayurveda together can reveal the secret powers of the body, the breath, the senses, the mind and chakras. With a focus on herbs, diet, asana, meditation, and pranayama.
- Light on Life: The Yoga Journey to Wholeness, Inner Peace, and Ultimate Freedom: One of my goals for the new year is to learn more about the teachings of yoga and this book seems like an all-around great pick. Lyengar talks about not only the physical health benefits of yoga, but the emotional, intellectual, and spiritual development that yoga can bring into our lives.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment: Another Stella Rae recommendation about releasing the ego, stepping into the essence of our true being. Okay, who doesn’t want to work towards consciousness and enlightenment? Count me WAY in.
- Be Here Now: A recommendation from Allie & Raquelle of Your Own Magic Podcast. Love them. It begins with an autobiography, then goes into a free-form collection of metaphysical, spiritual, and religious aphorisms along with illustrations. I think this book will be another good one that gives me a better understanding of the history being spirituality and yoga.
- You Can Heal Your Life: Okay, Stella Rae has good taste in books, #goals. This book focuses on the strength, ability, and potential of the mind. The impact our thoughts have on our realities and teaches the reader how to utilize their own power.
That’s it! I am hopeful that I will get through this list within the next year. I mean 365 days is a lot of days!! Leave me a comment with a book you plan on reading this year. Or, let me know if you have read any of the books in my list.
Happy New Year!
*Some links may be affiliate links, all opinions are honest & my own.